It's STILL cold!

It's STILL cold!
Me infront of A library, har har!

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Thing #7-Googley Wooglely

Google has quite a bit to offer!  I had NO idea that so many were offered through google!  I like how everything could be synced to different devices and even Microsoft Outlook.  Also, I like how the multiple tools and features are interconnected; integrated into each other for easy access no matter what google tool you're in.  I could definitely see myself using Google's different features in my classroom.  I'll definitely have to take some time this summer to truly and thoroughly explore and set up things for next year.  It could be used for student assignment/project management, communicating amongst students (i.e. email, blogging), creating student accounts for the use of different types of online programs/software like Shelfari, create albums of classroom events or visual information, and I would assume even more things once I finish my quest to figure everything out by the end of this sujmer!  This Google world is like one, big blog!

I created a Google Calendar.  Not only would this be great for the classroom, but it could serve as an extremely useful tool for oranizations and groups as well.  For example, if you're part of the family reunion planning committee, you and your family members could have access to the same calendar, so that they could pace themselves accordingly.  It could probably also be used to set up appointments.  Another great thing, is that you could adjust the privacy settings.  Take a look at my calendar: Flower Symphony Lady's Calendar

Another tool that I checked out was the Picas Web Albums site.  This website has many neat features.  You could upload, share, and even artistically arrange photos and videos to form virtual or actual (tangeable) products/albums.  I made this picture collage using a few scenes from our anniversary trip to Hot Springs, Arkansas during spring break.  All of these photos were taken from our hotel room balcony.  Pretty, huh?

View these pics in my mini album online on Picasa Web Albums

I just can't believe that all of this Google stuff is FREE!?!?!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful collage and memory! Great ideas for capturing special times. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Picasa Web Album is wonderful! Do you find this easier to use than other photo sites? I like the way you organized your photos. Thank you for sharing your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for spreading your great blog with nice trip..
    Customized Essay

    ReplyDelete